Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg

Further settings

Login for editors





Institute of Pharmacy

Institute of Pharmacy

Institute of Pharmacy


Pharmacy at the Martin- Luther- University

There is a long tradition in the education of pharmacists in Halle. In May 1829 Franz Wilhelm Schweigger-Seidel founded the first Institute  of Pharmacy at the Faculty of Philosophy in Halle. In 1853 the study of Pharmacy at an university became mandatory. The Institute of Pharmacy and Food Chemistry officially started in 1931, but was closed by the government a few years later in 1938, before it was re-opened after the second world war (1946). Since 1968 the Institute of Pharmacy – which was named “Sektion Pharmazie” in the former GDR – had its place at the Weinberg Campus. After the reunion of Germany in 1990, the name was changed to Faculty of Pharmacy, and in 2006 Pharmacy, Biochemistry and Biology joined the common Faculty of Biosciences. The Institute of Pharmacy is one of the biggest pharmaceutical facilities in Germany.

Contact

Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg
Institut für Pharmazie

Wolfgang-Langenbeck-Str.4
06120 Halle (Saale)

postal address:
Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg
Institut für Pharmazie
06099 Halle (Saale)

News archive

Up